Park & Shelter Telephone 814-736-3390
- Shelter No. 1 – Capacity of 100 people Shelter No. 6 – Capacity of 60 people
- Shelter No. 2 – Capacity of 80 people Shelter No. 7 – Capacity of 60 people
- Shelter No. 3 – Capacity of 80 people Shelter No. 8 – Capacity of 80 people
- Shelter No. 4 – Capacity of 40 people Shelter No. 9 – Capacity of 200 people
- Shelter No. 5 – Capacity of 40 people Shelter No. 10 – Capacity of 40 people
The shelter RENTAL FEE AND DEPOSIT are as follows:
SHELTERS 1 – 2 – 9: $75.00 + $25.00 deposit
SHELTERS 4-7-8-10: $50.00 + $25.00 deposit
SHELTER 3: $125.00 with kitchen + $25 deposit; OR $100.00 without kitchen + $25.00 deposit
If the shelter you used is cleaned satisfactorily after your use, your deposit will be returned.
As soon as we receive your application and payment for the reservation, and it is approved by the Portage Area Joint Parks and Recreation Commission, you will receive your Shelter Reservation Parking Permit. Keep this permit and have it with you and available for inspection during the time of your outing.
To make your day more pleasant, please note the following:
- The shelter you have rented will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., but must be vacated no later than 9:00 p.m.
- The power source is limited to THREE (3) electrical appliances being operated at the same time.
- You should bring your own light bulbs, extension cords, toilet paper, and large trash bags (NOTE: To keep our Park clean and control shelter costs, it is very important that all trash be collected and properly disposed of before leaving the area).
You should also be aware of the following ordinances of the Borough of Portage that are enforced at the Crichton-McCormick Park:
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages within the Park is prohibited.
- Traffic speed is 15 mph throughout the Park.
We hope that the enclosed map of our facilities helps you to enjoy our Park and aids you in selecting the shelter which best meets your needs. Should you find the shelter unsatisfactory in any respect, please let us know and we will rectify the situation.
Due to a number of circumstances, including weather and lack of attendance, we are unable to guarantee that the Crichton McCormick Park pool will be open the day of your event. However, every effort will be made to have the pool available to you at a $1.00 discount on a daily swim. Please let us know if you have individuals that will be swimming the day of your event; and we will provide sufficient arm bands for your guests in order to alert the Pool Manager of your discounted rate.
Please make your check or money order payable to Portage Area Joint Parks and Recreation Commission (NO CASH PLEASE), and mail, along with the application, to:
P.O. Box 293
Portage, PA 15946
For reservations, please send e-mail to Sharon Squillario: email@example.com or phone at 814.243.1672